Who knows, yes, says the chimp, you will get whatever your heart desires ... simply settle for second.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One and all...

Hello out there in blog reading land.  Not been up to much around here except for oh working, 11 credit hours of school, studying, working, living, ugh ...  breathe ... must breathe.  So that explains the notable absence of a podcast.  Although as I'm typing this I am listening to something I found on Ioda today from a group called Sunset Rubdown.  I haven't downloaded a ton from there but thought I'd give their charts feature a try and download the top charted artist.  To my surprise it is actually very good.  Not surprised that it's rather quirky and very indie, but I really like it.  I don't know much about this artist other than this is a 2006 full length release.  As I wrote that I decided to take a quick trip to google which led me to a wikipedia page.  Here's the quote from there: 

Sunset Rubdown is an indie rock band based in Montreal, Canada. It began as a solo project of Spencer Krug, of Wolf Parade fame, who released the Sunset Rubdown debut Snake's Got a Leg in July 2005. Eventually, the group expanded to include Camilla Wynn Ingr of Pony Up!, Jordan Robson-Cramer of XY Lover, and Michael Doerksen. This new line-up released its first collabarative effort, the band's second LP, Shut Up I Am Dreaming, in May 2006.

Seems there's not much to be said for a direct website but there is a myspace (isn't there always?) at www.myspace.com/sunsetrubdown  That's all for now, but hey if you check out and buy the album I just contributed to your song loving adventures so this turned out to be a good productive post! 

No comments: