Who knows, yes, says the chimp, you will get whatever your heart desires ... simply settle for second.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

IPOD Goodiness

Ok, so I finally broke down the other day and purchased an Ipod.  For those of you who listen to the podcast, you may know that I use, quite extensively, a Dell DJ for the shows and my own musical enjoyment.  I’ve actually been very happy with the DJ.  I think this is more because it is the first device of its kind that I have ever had.  Kind of like once you’ve driven a Passat, why drive a Jetta (except for possibly the ’06 Jetta, boy those things are sweet!).  
Wow!  Everything from the box, to the packaging, to the actually unit itself was quite an experience.  I sat down in my library at school and took like thirty minutes just opening it and inspecting the packaging.  Everything was so intricately wrapped and packaged so neatly together.  You could tell that someone wanted to leave their personal touch on the experience.  Never having owned any sort of Apple product, I am not used to such treatment (is this the norm for all Apple products?).  
The whole music listening experience is different when listening on an Ipod 20 gb Photo.  I mean, c’mon, it’s the same tunes but with a different colored intuitive click wheel hippie feel good yuppie crap spin to it (  So I’m not going to make this a review or anything because I’m sure most of you out there know what an Ipod is from reading about it.  Suffice it to say that nothing comes close to the experience.

Oh and yeah, if you decide to purchase a case, be sure you just leave it on and don’t shift it around.  The white part of the Ipod scratches so damn easily (of course my wife says I’m anal…she could be right).

No comments: